Iran attack footage by BBC is shown above. Iran fired a number of missiles at two Iraqi bases housing the US troops on Wednesday local time in retaliation to American strike that killed a top Iranian general last week. According to recent reports more than a dozen missiles launched from Iran struck two air bases in Irbil and Al Asad, west of Baghdad.
President Trump will deliver a statement on Iran from White House at 11 a.m. ET on Wednesday morning. The vice President Mike Pence will join Trump for his remarks. It is unclear if there have been any casualties.
US has 100% accountability of all its forces in Iraq, with no US casualties, according to a US defense official, they also added that there has been no major damage at either base.
2 Iraqi bases housing the US and coalition troops were targeted, one at Al Asad and one in Irbil, at about 02:00 local time on Wednesday (22:30 GMT on Tuesday). That response came just hours after the burial of Soleimani, who controlled Iran’s proxy forces across Middle East.
Iran’s Ayatollah Khamenei said that the attack was a slap in the face of US and he also called for an end to US presence in the Middle East. All that, echoing him, the President Hassan Rouhani said Iran’s final answer to Soleimani’s assassination would be to kick all the US forces out of the region.
After attack, President Donald Trump tweeted that all was well, and said that the casualties and damage were being assessed. Hence, the initial response from Washington has been muted. The statement of Iraq’s Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi came that Iran warned him that an attack was imminent, but in the areas with US troops. He also said that there were no reports of Iraqi casualties.